Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sun Stroked



Just got back from fabulous Southern California. Ooooooh! It is so amazingly perfect there! Albeit, in a sort of grotesque way but who cares – really. Ok, by grotesque I mean it is oozing with oodles of wealth, waste, excess, and exploit. And by perfect I mean warm, dry, sunny, golden beaches, surf + surfers, year round gardens, cultivar-rich farmer’s markets, and laize-faire fashion.

Let me be more clear about where I was exactly. I just got back from Malibu: A misguided destination for many. A satvic zen land for some. And a confused hometown for a few. I was fortunate enough to grow up there and always love going back for a visit.

This time I had a wedding to attend to. Note: If you are ever invited to a wedding in Malibu don’t ever turn down the invitation. It’s guaranteed to be an extraordinary, beautiful, a lavish experience filled with strange and interesting characters. Funny enough this wedding turned out to be more like a high school reunion (a good one that is). The day after the wedding J.W. and I nursed our hangovers with a day long, sun drenched, do-nothing session at the beach. As you can see from the picture.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t in LA long enough to checkout any of the art. No worries, I’ll be back for another visit in less than a month and I’ll be sure to check out the scene then. In the meantime I’ll be doing my best to stay warm and productive on the East Coast.

1 Comments:

Blogger kamal sabran said...

is that a picture of you sera?hehehe

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home